Last Update: 2016-6-13
The policy specifies what data we collect, the way we use your data, and some other aspects about your privacy.
Scope: This statement applies to UnifyID, Inc. mobile applications, web site, and browser extensions.
We will collect personal identifiable information only if you voluntarily give us consent. The data we collect includes:
- Email Address: We only need your email address to register for our service, as well as for correspondence related to your use of our service.
- Location: We collect your current location and we use where you have been and where you are to help authenticate you.
- Motion: We collect and discover unique aspects of the way you move in an auxiliary way of authentication.
- Activities: We analyze your activities and use them to authenticate you.
- Environment: We use wireless signals around you, such as Bluetooth and Wifi signals, to help identify your proximity to other devices.
- Biometrics: We may use your fingerprints, real-time videos, and real-time audio in the process of authentication
- Device information: We collect your device specific information, which includes but is not limited to your IP address, access times, and operating system.
We collect data directly from you in order to provide you with a safer, easier and more accurate login service. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To help users register for our services, and get UnifyID on your device.
- Communicate with users. For example, informing you about security updates, alerting you about suspicious login attempts and answering your questions.
- To authenticate you with maximum accuracy and safety when you try to log into an account through UnifyID.
- To provide personalized service to you.
- Protect safety and security. We use the information we have to help to verify your account and improve security. For example, we may investigate about suspicious behaviors.
We are responsible for protecting your personal data and keeping it safe. We encrypt all communications using SSL. (We do not store your password information at server side nor client side so there is no need to worry about password being hacked.) We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
We provide you with access to your personal data at any time for free. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to the information we hold about you. If the information is not correct, you can email us to update or delete it.
You can opt out of the collection or use of certain data by changing the privacy settings on your phone and unclicking the selection bar in our app’s settings, as described by the instructions here. By disabling data collection, you may lose some significant features of our application. You can also unsubscribe of certain or all email service here. You can update your preferences at any time if you change your mind.
We will store your data as long as it is necessary to deliver the service to you unless you delete the account. You can delete your account at any time.
Children under 13 are not allowed to use our service without parents’ supervision. Parents are encouraged to educate children under 13 not to provide any personal information online. If you find that your child is providing personal information to us without your permission, please contact us to delete the data.
425 2nd St
San Francisco, CA, 94107